Hamilton Southeastern High School is pleased to introduce Naviance, a secure web-based planning and advising system that helps students and parents navigate through high school and explore post high school options.
What can Naviance do?
- Determine your student’s personality and career interests. This is called “Do What You Are” through Family Connection
- Gain insight into how your student learns to help them achieve their maximum potential. You can access “Learning Style” through your Family Connection. If it proves to be too lengthy and the assessment is done in segments be sure to select the “Finish Later” icon.
- Search and match college by specific criteria
- Compare Colleges
- Display scattergrams and application statistics from HSEHS
- Compile college plans
- Track applications
- Receive emails from the Hamilton Southeastern HS Guidance Office on upcoming college representative visits and other Guidance Office events
- Research 12th grade scholarship opportunities
All HSE students receive their login information during their freshman year.
Any student or parent who does not have their Naviance login and password information should contact the HSE Counseling Office at 594-4193.
To access Naviance Student go to:
Steps for Applying to College
Apply early! The Guidance Office needs TWO weeks to process your applications-so plan your timing with that in mind.
First, complete an on-line application with a college through their web site.
Next, request your transcript and school portion of your application. Go to your account in Naviance. The website link is available on the front page of the HSEHS website.
- Under the “Colleges” tab of your account open ”Colleges I am Applying To” and add all colleges you are applying to in the area identified as “add to my list”. Be sure to check your request for a transcript and that you have submitted your application. Both boxes are available when you enter your college.
- A Secondary School Report (SSR form) will be automatically generated through Naviance for colleges and your counselor will complete it on-line.
- If you need a teacher recommendation you may request this through your Naviance Account as well. You must ask your teacher in person prior to requesting through Naviance. Be sure your teacher accepts your request to complete a recommendation. This request area is on the same screen in Naviance as “Colleges I Am Applying To”.
- You will be able to track the progress on your request through your Naviance Account. If the colleges you applied to require mid-year and/or final reports to be sent, you may request these by coming into the Guidance Office.
- If you are using the Common Application, you must register with them and set up an account. This account information must be matched to your Naviance account and the FERPA waiver completed in your Common App account when you are competing your Common App Application. Do not request teacher letters of recommendation in your Common Application.
Finally, send SAT/ACT Scores – Go to www.act.org for to send ACT scores. Go to www.collegeboard.org to send SAT scores. These will be reported directly to the universities or colleges you request from the testing companies. Hamilton Southeastern does not report scores to colleges.